Proper haircare is very important since the day one your baby is born. It’s crucial for healthy and strong hair. Just like other aspects of taking care, haircare should be too included in daily routine of childcare and has a specific way to do. So here are few tips for taking care of your infant’s hair:
- Shampooing: A sweaty and unclean scalp is one of the main causes of thin, brittle hair. Make sure to shampoo your baby's hair three times a week and massage her scalp. You can use baby shampoo or a head to toe product. The baby's hair doesn't need to be washed every day.
- Massaging with Natural Moisturizers: Adding natural moisturizers after shampooing is an important task to do to keep the baby’s hair healthy. The simplest, most natural products, like coconut, avocado, or almond oil, are your best bets from the moment your kid is born. Put a bit in your palm and use your fingers to run it through your baby's hair.
- Comb the Hair with your Fingers: Detangling those curly locks with fingers through your baby’s hair will truly do the trick. Using your fingers is easier and will help with keeping their natural curl pattern intact.
- Trimming: Regular trim and tonsure helps the hair to grow longer and thicker.
- The Right Brush to Choose For: Use a soft bristled hair brush for the first few months. For the babies with longer and thicker hair, use a wide-toothed comb. This also helps to entangle the hair. Another good way to entangle baby’s hair is to run your fingers through his hair and gently loosen up the tangles.
Keep your little one’s scalp clean and moisturized. Every region has different levels of moisture and dryness and depending on the climate, you should choose the frequency of washing the hair so that it doesn’t dries out the scalp. Following these baby hair care tips regularly will ensure your baby's hair and scalp are both healthy.